Crisis Contact Call Specialist
HeartLine provides 24/7 support to individuals and families with a primary focus to de-escalate crisis situations presented via phone, text and chat services. Situations can range from relationship struggles, parenting issues, child abuse, anxiety, depression to suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts in progress. Specialists assess caller needs, provide information about or linkage to appropriate service providers, offer advocacy assistance when required, and follow-up, as assigned, to ensure that the individual’s needs are met.
- Responds to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline calls and provide emotional support, assessment, crisis intervention, and treatment/support referrals to individuals in a consistent and non-judgmental manner.
- Consistently and accurately assess each contact for suicide risk following assessment protocols and practices; provide adequate and relevant safety/action planning for each contact.
- Offer and provide follow-up services to individuals at risk of suicide, suicide loss survivors, or third-party contacts.
- Gather information about the circumstances that precipitated the call and the caller’s specific needs for assistance.
- Serve as a mandated reporter in cases of suspected abuse.
- Follow through on imminent risk assessments to assure emergency contact is made and confirm outcomes or re-engage as instructed using the ASIST model.
- Maintain confidentiality of all contacts adhering to HeartLine’s policies and procedures.
- Complete required HeartLine paperwork, including the recording of all calls in the resource database accordingly.
- Utilize supervisory consultation for guidance, support, or debriefing as needed.
- Attend in-services and continuing education events to improve skills and be alerted to changes in policies or procedures.
- Actively participate in HeartLine’s community disaster/emergency response plan.
High School diploma or some college preferred. Experience in mental health, crisis intervention, counseling, psychology, a loss survivor, working with youth or LGBTQA, or community non-profit a plus. Reliable with a willingness to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, holidays, weekends, and change as needed according to coverage needs. Must have the ability to work independently with confidence, as well as work as an integral part of a team of professionals.
Apply below or email your resume to email@example.com.