Crisis Call and Text Shift Supervisor
The Crisis Call and Text Shift Supervisor will provide leadership and guidance for Oklahoma Crisis helplines and Disaster Distress Helplines. These lines assess caller needs, provides information about or linkage with appropriate service providers, offers advocacy assistance when required, and follow-up, when necessary, to ensure that the individual’s needs were met. Provides leadership, guidance and problem-solving for Crisis Contact Call Specialists on the shift, assists with gathering information for reporting, provides analytic reporting in real time to staff, and assists with routine technical assistance where needed. Serves in an on-call capacity on a rotating basis. Provides phone coverage when call volume and scheduling require. Maintains effective listening skills, information and referral and crisis intervention services to callers in 24/7 call center setting.
- Applies analytic skills to call center metrics, real time adherence reporting, forecasting, hourly SLA, and agent stats.
- Provides leadership and coverage to Oklahoma Crisis helplines and Disaster Distress Helplines as needed to ensure service level requirements are met.
- Provides weekly feedback sessions with Crisis Contract Call Specialists.
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy of the resource database by reporting changes in resources as aware.
- Works cooperatively with Crisis Contact Call Specialists/Interns/Volunteers by sharing knowledge of resources, use of database, and other skills.
- Assists with the completion of new employee orientation and Phone Based Services Training.
- Provides phone coverage when call volume and scheduling requires.
- Participates in the “On-Call” rotation, and is responsive to calls at any time, day or night.
- Assist with outreach activities and presentations.
- Responsible for staffing shifts in the event of an employee absence, and to fill in for those shifts if a replacement cannot be found.
- Address staffing, coaching, and disciplinary recommendations with program director
- Maintain performance measures and develop reports on contract related activities to Crisis Intervention Director.
- Make follow-up calls to individuals offered assistance on Mobile Crisis
Response Line as required. Maintain documentation of follow-ups and client data.
Minimum bachelor level education or experience equivalent; lived experiences. Supervisory or management experience preferred. Experience in community non-profit a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong verbal skills, computer skills required. Ability to work with volunteers, ability to show compassion and nonjudgmental attitude while assisting callers with diverse and complex needs. Ability to work with diverse staff member needs and abilities. Ability to handle stress due to scope and type of calls that may be received. Physically able to lift 20 pounds, sit for long periods of time, talk on the telephone, and bend/stoop.
HeartLine supports a comfortable, yet professional work environment. Courtesy, respect, and equitable treatment are expected. Staff members receive support, recognition, and appreciation for jobs well done. There are opportunities for participation, challenge, and broadening experiences.
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Routine office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Alternative methods of application or screening are available by contacting 405-840-9396. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with the application process, please contact us at 405-778-8151 or MPierre@HeartLineOklahoma.org.