Special Events/Development Intern
HeartLine is seeking candidates for the position of Special Events/Development Intern. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Keri Parks, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HeartLine is seeking a Special Events/Development Intern for the spring and/or summer to assist with the preparation for HeartLine’s annual event, Festival of Hope. This intern will assist in vendor coordination, event committee preparation, volunteer coordination, auction coordination, donor stewardship and additional administrative duties essential to successful nonprofit development.
Opportunities available through this internship:
- Fulfills auction pick-up requests, organizes auction donors, assists in organizing silent auction
- Leads live auction coordination, setup, décor, and additional requirements
- Assists with coordination with event management company
- Assists coordination of attendees, including guest lists, table seating, special requests, and event database updates
- Assists in mailings and printing necessary for events
- Assists in fundraising initiatives
- Works with Development Coordinator to promote event through a variety of outlets
- Works with Development Coordinator and Development Director on public relations and communications efforts to support the fund development department
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms
- Ability to communicate professionally with press and other community contacts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Prior event planning or development experience a plus
- A “can do” attitude and desire to learn
- Interest in and enthusiasm for HeartLine’s mission
Must be a college junior or senior in a Bachelor's Degree program seeking to fulfill course credit requirements in public relations, marketing, business or a related field.
Hours and compensation:
- Approximately 20 hours per week during daytime hours
- Must be available during the morning and evening on August 17, 2018 to participate in Festival of Hope event and set-up for the event
- The Special Events/Development Intern position is an unpaid internship in exchange for course credit toward a Bachelor’s Degree program
- Intern will be compensated at the standard mileage rate for any business-related mileage driven during time of internship
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.