Latest News

Read the latest information on HeartLine

Jul 31, 2012

By HeartLine Administrator

Christmas and Holiday Assistance

Christmas assistance…? Are we already receiveing calls for holiday assitance?

Due to difficult economic times, demand for holiday help is expected to be extremely high this year. Local nonprofits, faith-based organizations and community partners are coming together to distribute holiday joy for those in need for 2012.

Last year, HeartLine gave out 4,745 referrals for 111 different agencies for programs ranging from holiday community meals, food boxes and pantries for Thanksgiving and Christmas, to holiday gifts and adoption programs for children and families.

Christmas Connection, an agency that treats those in need with dignity and respect, is one of HeartLine’s top referrals for holiday assistance. Of the 4,745 referrals, 1,440 callers were referred to Christmas Connection  for  holiday assistance. Although some may think that Christmas comes around only once a year, Christmas Connection offers Oklahomans the spirit of giving all year round with their School Supply program, Disaster Response program, Senior First program and Household Goods program.

Now is a great time to start planning for the holidays and connecting to resources in your area. To find holiday and Christmas resources in your area, call 2-1-1 or search our  2-1-1 database online.

This blog brought to you by: Danielle Harris, Resource Database Specialist

Comments

by Tara Boulais @ August 22, 2012 @ 3:15 am • Reply

I’m a single disabled mother of three I receive Ssi and recently lost my partime job I’m struggling right now and Christmas even though a few months away I know buying Christmas gifts and dinner will be impossible I just bought school clothes and have zero in savings my kids are good and deserve more than I can give my daughter is three and I don’t want her to be disappointed if you need any other infomation I will provide ASAP before falling I’ll with ms I worked 40hrs weekly but at times my disabity is debilitatting making full time work impossible thank you for your time and consideration

by ryates @ August 23, 2012 @ 4:39 pm • Reply

Hi Tara. Have you tried calling 211? We can search our database for holiday assistance in your area. Like 911 or 411, you can call 211 directly to be connected to help. Just select Option 9 to be connected to a call specialist. Let them know you need help with Christmas assistance and the call specialist will let you know what’s available. If you are in OK county you can contact Christmas Connection at 405-634-2006 or http://www.christmasconnection.org. Hope this helps! We’ll email you next week sometime to find out if you got some help. Thank you for contacting us.

by Sonia @ December 16, 2014 @ 4:49 pm • Reply

I’m a single mom I’m disabled I don’t work all I receive is child support I have nothing to give my daughter on christmas please help

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 19, 2014 @ 9:24 am • Reply

Hi Sonia,

Please call 2-1-1- so that we can assist you.

by Katrina @ September 25, 2012 @ 11:16 am • Reply

Looking for Christmas help for 3 special needs kids.
I have tried my hardest to make sure that they have a roof over there head, clothes for school, school supplies, and food but with the way things are getting it is getting harder and harder…needing help because can not afford gifts for the kids.

by lharper @ September 27, 2012 @ 10:52 am • Reply

Hi Katrina, have you tried calling into 2-1-1 for assistance? There are many different agencies in our database and there may be one that can help with your situation! I encourage you to call 2-1-1 to see if we can connect you to some resources for Christmas.

by jessica @ October 1, 2012 @ 11:33 am • Reply

I was wondering if you are able to help me for chirstmas assistance and how I can go about signing up my family? I live in Minnesota i don’t know if that makes a differance?

by lharper @ October 16, 2012 @ 2:56 pm • Reply

Jessica, Minnesota does have a 2-1-1 service!HeartLine only answers for 40 counties in the western half of Oklahoma, but you can dial 2-1-1 in Minnesota and a call center there will take your call and look for Christmas resources.

by miss butler @ October 3, 2012 @ 3:42 am • Reply

Thank you very much 2-1-1 is very helpful!

by ebony whittier @ October 8, 2012 @ 12:21 pm • Reply

i was trying to find out how do i go about getting assistance for my kids christmas my finances is really messed up and i’m trying to get a fridge due to mine going out in the early part of summer and a washer also it has really been hard for me an my boys but i have done my best to maintain so my boys wont see me down they will never no what im going through and hate to have to ask for help but what else do i do

by lharper @ October 16, 2012 @ 3:02 pm • Reply

Hi Ebony, we understand that things can be difficult sometimes and HeartLine 2-1-1 is here to try to offer some resources for help. You can try a few different things to get assistance for Christmas. You can call 2-1-1 and we will look up any available resources, register with toys for tots at their website, or call churches near you and see if they are offering assistance to local families.

by Melody Russell @ October 10, 2012 @ 2:21 pm • Reply

Hello, I am a single mother of two children. I am having finacial difficulties right now and struggling to make ends meet. I am a State Tested Nursing Assistant ,but unable to find a job because of my background. People change and I need someone to give me a chance. In the mean time if anyone can help out with christmas please let me know. Thanks so much.

by lharper @ October 16, 2012 @ 2:35 pm • Reply

Hi Melody, there a few different resources available that may be able to help with Christmas. First you can call 2-1-1 to see if there are any programs with openings right now. If they are full, you can keep checking weekly to see if new funding comes in. Also, you can register at the toys-for-tots website to be considered for recieving toys. Lastly, you can call churches near year and see if they are offering assitance. Some churches will help a few local families and do not wish to be listed in our 2-1-1 database.

by lisa @ October 28, 2012 @ 12:19 pm • Reply

i need gift for 3 special ed kids,and help with christmas food.

by Angela @ November 1, 2012 @ 3:40 pm • Reply

Hi, I’v seen alot of people needing help for Christmas and Salvation Arm in Cleveland County (Norman) 318 E. hayes is still accepting applications till November 15th 2012. Monday-Thursday 12:30-2:30 and a evening sign up date on November 13th from 4pm-8pm, also the local Cleveland County DHS is helping with Christmas assistance as well. Hope this helps anyone :)

by Christina Riley @ November 9, 2012 @ 3:03 pm • Reply

Need help with Christmas brand new single mom of 3 and 1 on the way please any info is helpful !!! =)

by lharper @ November 16, 2012 @ 11:48 am • Reply

Try giving us a call at 2-1-1 to see if we have some resources!You can also register with toys for tots at their website, or call churches near you and see if they are offering assistance to local families.

by Ashlee Thomas @ November 19, 2012 @ 11:12 am • Reply

Hello I live in Mustang OK, we are a family of 2 boys ages 1 & 3. My Husband was just laid off of his Job right before the Holidays. We both are suffering from our diagnosis. We have called 211 and filed for DHS help, but in this area they are not any organizations offering help. We have had to ask for support from our friends but now are due for Heating cut-off. And Electric Cut off. Please can somebody help guide us in the right direction.
our contact number is 405-933-7358 Thank You

by Jackie Hill @ November 21, 2012 @ 12:53 pm • Reply

It is so disheartening to have to ask for help but for my son, I am willing to do this. You see, I have a car but due to promises broken by the dealership I bought it from, I haven’t been able to get it registered or have the title put in my name. It has sat for so long that this summer, the passenger windows shattered when I closed the driver’s side door. Neighborhood children also have decided it’s a playtoy and cracked the windshield and gone through it looking for valuables. Ha ha on them…nothing valuable to anyone but me.

I thought even though we’ve not been able to go to the doctors or get to the store when we need to, that my 18 year old was doing just fine with things as they are. Seems he’s been keeping things from me. He’s not doing all that well in his senior classes…and a lot of that is because he’s unable to stay after school or come in early to talk to his teachers and/or get extra help. In addition, he hasn’t told me about the supplies he needs for classes because he knows we don’t have much money and we couldn’t get to the store anyhow. It breaks my heart. He never complains and willingly walks to the few places he needs or wants to go to. He keeps so much to himself, not wanting me to worry when he thinks I have enough to worry about.

I’ve tried to save the money, but with Social Security and child support as my only income, I have enough to pay my bills with a little extra, but it’s just not possible. I do editing for a friend of mine who is writing a book but the money doesn’t come in til the book is done. I’ve asked for help in every place I can and my family in Minnesota simply cannot afford to help. I’ve even gotten offers to help but it’s always the same…fraudulent money orders and cashiers checks. How people can defraud those asking for help, I’ll never know.

So, I’m not asking for this money for Christmas. It would be enough to simply get the money to get my car back on the road. The amount gets higher every day and right now, it’s at almost $1200 ($1000 for registration, etc, $200 for the down payment to get insurance started. I’ve done my figuring and I can afford insurance, etc after I get it legal). I’ll still have to drive with 2 broken windows but really, I just wouldn’t care. It would be Christmas every time I could say yes to my son when he wanted to go to the library or to the store when he needed something for a class project or even to say yes! I can pick you up late at school or ‘Hey! Let me give you a ride to your friends’. How I would even love to be able to take us to a doctor’s appointment or to the grocery store! I would feel like the richest girl in the world and so much more like a mom than I do now.

Thank you for reading this and even if you can’t help financially, send a prayer or two our way.

by mary farris @ November 27, 2012 @ 5:39 pm • Reply

I am a single mom of two daughters ages 6 & 7, whom are very good students at school & very good at home! I am disabled physically, so I’m unable to work, I make $ 480.00 a month & struggle drastically to pay my bills let alone to be able to celebrate birthdays & Christmas, my girls are thankful & grateful for everything they get, can someone out there make my daughters eyes lite up and shine this holiday season!

by ellen @ November 30, 2012 @ 2:45 am • Reply

I am looking for help for a 4 year old child for christmas.the town where she lives is rural and cant seem to find anyone who services her area,her mommy and daddy have lost their jobs and have just relocated to a new state,,you can email me if you have any idea where i can find help ,Her county is Bradford County in Florida,Her name is Myah you can E mail me ay honeyellen88@yahoo.com also send info to post office box 34 Lawtey Florida 32058 ,Thank you for your help….

by Tracey @ November 30, 2012 @ 2:34 pm • Reply

Hi, I have a full house there is myself and my old man then we have 2 kids a boy and girl one 12 and the other 13. My mom has just moved in around March. I take her weekly to the Nashville VA hospital for mental health problems. My husb of 12 years sister just had a baby girl Nov. 10th 2012. She is unable to take care of the baby herself, so we are now at the start of adoption. I need some help for christmas. I need so much for the new baby I don’t know what I need to do. Please HELP!!! # 615-299-1651

by Autumn @ December 6, 2012 @ 5:08 pm • Reply

Hello,
My husband and I are in need for help with christmas presents for our kids. Together we have 5 kids under our roof, my younger sister 12, my 3 step kids a boy who is about to turn 8 and two girls 6 and years old and also our new baby boy who is almost 3 months. This is the first year we aren’t able to get presents for the kids and I would hate for them to suffer cause of our financiale problems. Please let me know of anything that would help! You can email me at autumnmain@yahoo.com

by Annette Hendricks @ December 11, 2012 @ 12:50 pm • Reply

I am a single mother of 2 beautiful children i recieve an ssi check once a month after paying all my bills this month i dont have any money to get my kids anything for christmas i have one boy and one girl if you can help me out god will truly bless you i live in the richmond virginia area please help me and my kids thanks

by Wil @ December 11, 2012 @ 5:57 pm • Reply

I know its late in the Xmas season but I’m looming for anything for my bro and his kids they are having a really bad time right now and they are not finding any help with it yet any word would be a great one Ty and God bless

by nicole @ December 12, 2012 @ 3:42 pm • Reply

etails I realize I have started my quest for christmas assistance late. It is due to unforseen circumstances that I am seeking help. I don’t want my babies missing out on christmas. If you know of anyone that will help this late please contact me nicole ingram at killacarebear28@gmail.com

by Judy @ December 17, 2012 @ 12:59 pm • Reply

We are risen 6 Grandkids and we just dont have money for Christmas we have a tree but nothing under it ! and it dont look like we will unless I can find a Christmas Angle to help us out Please Help Dont let these kid stop beliving in the spirit of Christmas ( Santa Claus) God Bless you all

by sandra @ December 21, 2012 @ 4:08 pm • Reply

I am a single mother with 3 kids.Have been through experienced so much as a child till my adult life.My kids are my life and all I would like is to give them a Christmas that they deserve.I had nothing growing up and as an adult I have allowed myself to be part of a violent relationship which my kids saw. All I want is to see them be kids and smile.Because they deserve what I haven’t been able to provide.I provide the things we need but its hard to provide the things that they want and deserve.So any help for Christmas would be greatly apprietiated.Thanks

by Gina Smith @ September 10, 2014 @ 5:47 pm • Reply

We are a family of 7 who lost our home and contents on December 5 2012. My husband and I have spent every penny we could spare trying to build a home for our boys Every since. We are doing our best, but we have no money for Christmas this year. Our children range from the age of 12 to 1 year old. They don’t understand a Christmas with nothing, but they tell me they all know I’m doing my best. They love me anyway. I just want a little something for them from the “Christmas Angels” because we don’t do Santa. We teach our boys that Christmas angels are kind people who don’t know us, but still lobe us and are sent by God to help us. So they are praying for their Christmas angels to come and help us. If there is anyone who can help, we would greatly appreciate it.

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:48 pm • Reply

Hi Gina,

by Vanessa Owens @ September 29, 2014 @ 4:59 pm • Reply

We are poor and needy i have no one to help me out this year we are poor and i have bad health problems and i have high blood pressure and blood clots in my legs i been in and out of the hospital for having strokes we are in need of holiday help here can anyone help us Thank you God Bless you can reach me at vanessaowens8@yahoo.com

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:48 pm • Reply

Hi Vanessa,

by jessica @ October 7, 2014 @ 1:50 pm • Reply

Am looking for help getting my kids Xmas gifts, am a single mom of 3.

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:47 pm • Reply

Hi Jessica,

by Jenn @ October 16, 2014 @ 3:09 pm • Reply

Right now I’m in a shelter with my 4 kids and one of the 4 comes on weekends I lost everything my house I have no help and I’m in a place far away from my home town I don’t know who else to turn to to get help go my children so they can have a Christmas. I’m an emontional wreck an I was thinking my kids won’t have Christmas this year.i am hoping and praying for some help from anyone I have a 7 yr old girl a 5 yr old girl a 3 ur old boy and a 2 yr old boy please if u could point me in the direction or I’m hoping I found someone that will help me and my children

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:47 pm • Reply

Hi Jenn,

by victoria @ October 19, 2014 @ 3:27 am • Reply

I recently lost my job and became homeless until my current bf took me in and thanksgiving and Christmas will be our first holidays together and I wanna be able to cook a great thanksgiving dinner for him and be able to spoil him for Christmas, I put in so many job apps and believe it or not no one is hiring, with everything my bf has done for me I just wanna repay him I need help

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:46 pm • Reply

Hi Victoria,

by sheila fraley @ October 23, 2014 @ 5:06 am • Reply

is there anyway i can get help for my family for christmas we are haveing it hard if anyone can find it in there heart to help my apprietiated.Thanks god bless and thank you so much

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:46 pm • Reply

Hi Sheila,

by yolanda brown @ October 28, 2014 @ 11:14 pm • Reply

Im trying to find help to get my kids some things for Christmas. My husband works but he makes only enough to pay the bills.if you know anyone that can help it would be appreciated

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:46 pm • Reply

Hi Yolanda,

by Amy Orcutt @ November 7, 2014 @ 7:10 pm • Reply

I need help for Christmas getting Christmas presents for me and son please call me at 360-943-5110

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:45 pm • Reply

Hi Amy,

Please dial 2-1-1 for referrals to help in your area.

by mariah @ November 18, 2014 @ 6:39 pm • Reply

Please, I am in need of help this Christmas. We are in need of clothes, shoes and school supplies .Please anything you can provide definitely helps a lot .I have 4 loving kids

Please Help!

Girl Age 9

Girl Age 15

Girl Age 18

Boy Age 15

Im a single Mom.Please let me know how you can help. I appreciate your kindness and concern regarding this.

Contact: Clarine Lindsey

404-754-1585

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:45 pm • Reply

Hi Clarine,

Please dial 2-1-1 for referrals to help in your area.

by clarine @ November 18, 2014 @ 6:42 pm • Reply

Please Help!

Girl Age 9

Girl Age 15

Girl Age 18

Boy Age 15

Contact: Clarine Lindsey

404-754-1585
I live in Atlanta, Ga

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 19, 2014 @ 4:45 pm • Reply

Hi Clarine,

Please dial 2-1-1 for referrals to help in your area.

by Suzanne luke @ November 20, 2014 @ 8:55 pm • Reply

Trying to find a Christmas program that will help my one year old grand baby have a good Christmas this year I’m very low on funds this year

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 24, 2014 @ 4:47 pm • Reply

Hi Suzanne,

by Kiasha Thompson @ November 21, 2014 @ 11:17 pm • Reply

I have 3 kids and im a single mom. Every year i don’t have any for for my for my children. Can someone please help me.

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 24, 2014 @ 4:48 pm • Reply

Hi Kiasha,

by Michael. jackson @ November 25, 2014 @ 9:01 am • Reply

hello there my name is Michael and I have a family of 6 I’m looking for help for Christmas as of right now I’m not have a Christmas because I don’t have enough funds for all four of my kidsthe ages for the kids are 9 boy 10 for another boy 12 for a girl and 14 for a boyis anybody out there that can help me please email me back and I will respond thank you very much

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 26, 2014 @ 1:46 pm • Reply

Hi Michael,

by Lisa Cansecon @ November 25, 2014 @ 2:26 pm • Reply

Am trying so hard every day to take care of my kids buy feeding them keeking a roof over there head and closel l just have money to be able to pay my bills

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 26, 2014 @ 1:46 pm • Reply

Hi Lisa,

by Tonya Hastings @ November 30, 2014 @ 12:38 pm • Reply

hi i really need help with christmas for my kids .october 7th i lost my 5month old son we he died i started feeling depression and axiety. its hard for me to find a job i wish someone would help me with a little bit if money for christmas and bills

by Mikie Gillmore @ November 30, 2014 @ 8:11 pm • Reply

Hi Tonya,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Please call 2-1-1 so that we can assist you.

by Amy Gauvin @ December 4, 2014 @ 4:55 am • Reply

How can I get help with Xmas . my kids r boy 7 two girls 15. Please some one helppppp

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 5, 2014 @ 9:43 am • Reply

Hi Amy,

by Jodanna @ December 5, 2014 @ 5:15 pm • Reply

Hello I have alittle girl she is 7yrs old and I am living with my mom cause I just split from my abusive ex husband and lost my job in the midst of all this I just need help with getting my daughter something for Christmas so if you could help me put a smile on her face Christmas morning. thank you have a good day

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 8, 2014 @ 4:14 pm • Reply

Hi Jodanna,

by jennifer @ December 12, 2014 @ 12:55 pm • Reply

hello i was wondering if you give help people in a different state

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 19, 2014 @ 9:23 am • Reply

Hi Jennifer,

Calling 2-1-1 will connect you to services in your area.

Thank you!

by Marie @ December 13, 2014 @ 2:46 am • Reply

I am a single mother of three kids ages 5,7, and 10. I was let go from my job at the end of October and just recently got one. With bills I wont have enough to get the kids anything. I just need a little help.

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 19, 2014 @ 9:24 am • Reply

Hi Marie,

Please call 2-1-1- so that we can assist you.

by Brandon @ December 13, 2014 @ 10:02 pm • Reply

My family and I have been able to donate 5,000 for the last 10 years to other families. I am a very proud person but I need help this year lost my job do to down sizing. I’m lost sold everything I can and just can get them anything for xmas. I have 4 kids from 11 to 17. Please help please

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 19, 2014 @ 9:24 am • Reply

Hi Brandon,

Please call 2-1-1- so that we can assist you.

by Kim @ December 15, 2014 @ 8:16 am • Reply

Hi I’m a mother of three girls and a grandson. They are 14,18,21 and 2. I have been out of work for 2 years due to health reasons. My husband works hard but can’t keep up with all the bills. We are behind. I’ve never asked for help before cuz I was never in this situation. Is there anyway to get some help to get them presents for under the tree this year?

by Mikie Gillmore @ December 19, 2014 @ 9:24 am • Reply

Hi Kim,

Please call 2-1-1- so that we can assist you.